Thursday 7 April 2011

Street Collection

It was a busy day.  My children finished the school and now officially 'Easter holiday' for next three weeks!

I've got a permission for a street collection on Saturday in Beeston. Everything is new to me.  I'm going through a huge leanring curve.  The staff at Broxtowe council was very helpful.  It usually takes four weeks to get a permission but they did it for us in just two days.  She said 'You cannot plan for something like this in advance, can you?'  That is very true.  I was very grateful for the efficient process.

Linda Button at Oban House, who is Chairperson for the charity called Voluntary Action Browtowe, makes our preparation as easy as possible.  She is the one to quickly have responded to my appeal to offer the venue to run a fundraising event on Saturday.  Without her support, the event would not have been organised. 

All the helpers for the event have been working day in day out now for the last three and half weeks.  But compared to what the people in Japan suffer, it is nothing.  Three more days of hard work....

Ganbatte!

No comments:

Post a Comment